Live a unique volunteering experience in Africa!
Are you looking for a unique volunteering experience to discover new cultures? Would you like to develop new skills and competencies in non-formal education?
We are looking for two volunteers, living in Italy, to take part in an international volunteering experience of 5 months inside the ARTCOM project. It’s possible to send your application for the following countries: in Kenya with Neema Community Based Organization, located in Nairobi, and in Malawi with CEGI – Centre for Girls and Interactions, in Mzuzu.
Volunteers will be involved in the following socio-educational activities:
- Workshops with non-formal methodologies in several realities in Nairobi and Mzuzu;
- Awareness- raising and social inclusion actions for children, adults and young people;
- Creation of contents/activities/laboratories on important topics as HIV, social inclusion of youngsters, intercultural, interreligious and intergenerational dialogue, etc.
How to get involved?
Send your CV and motivational letter by 25th November 2018, explaining why you are interesting to make an international volunteering experience of 5 months in Kenya or in Malawi. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Silvia Fazio).
- 18 – 30 years old;
- Living in Italy;
- Good level of English;
- Flexible and open to new culture and intercultural environments;
- Strong motivation and interesting to take pat on an international volunteering experience.
Documents in Kenya: it’s required a valid passport with at least six months of availability before the VISA request. It’s mandatory to have a flight’s return ticket. (more info: viaggiaresicuri.it/paesi/dettaglio/kenya)
Documents in Malawi: it’s required a valid passport with at least two pages free. (More info:viaggiaresicuri.it/paesi/dettaglio/malawi)
Information on European Voluntary Service
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Mzuzu city, Malawi
Period: 5 months
When: February – June 2019
Accommodation and transports: volunteer will be hosted by a local family with free access to the kitchen. All local public transports in Nairobi will be guarantee to volunteer during working days.
Pocket money & food money: volunteer will receive each month a pocket and food money to cover food and extra expenses.
Travel: ARTCOM project cover all travel costs until 820 euro. VISA and permit of stay expenses will be covered until 150 euro